AP and STUDIO ART SUPPLIES
This year you may buy your own paints and brushes or take advantage of the large discount we get on bulk orders and buy your first paints from me. We will be selling paint kits and brush sets for $35. Your check will make it possible to buy more at a later date. Make check payable to John Carroll School. New sketchbooks are $10 so .. with sketchbook $35. without $25 ( you still need your own sketchbook.)
Because of class size and the personal directions you will going into you will need to be responsible for as much as you can financially handle. Some supplies, solvents, and paints will be available
The following are the supplies you will need for the year, they are available on line at Dick Blick.com, jerrysartorama.com, or at Plaza art (Towson) ,The Art Rooms (Havre de Grace), Michael’s (Bel Air), AC Moore (White Marsh) as well as in Baltimore City.
Be sure you have your Student ID handy for a discount.
I recommend WATER SOLUBLE OIL PAINT( ARTISAN brand) for easy clean-up however the large tubes of WINTON oils (not water based) are more for the money.
Buy a set ($50) or singles of the following colors:
• Titanium white (Large tube 200 ml)
• Cadmium red light HUE
• Lemon yellow HUE
• Permanent green light
• Yellow ochre
• Cerulean blue HUE
• Burnt sienna
• ultramarine blue
WHEN YOU BUY THE “HUE” OF A COLOR IT IS CHEAPER!
• 4-6 brushes in a variety of sizes #2, #4, #6,#8, #10."Filberts"and"Rounds" are the styles of brushes I like to use.(You should still have brushes from last year)
• Toolbox or paintbox to put paints in
• 3—5 ebony or sketching pencils
• White eraser
• Oil pastels ( last years)
• Apron or old shirt
• Baby wipes for clean up
• Sketchbook or altered book EVERY DAY
• PORTFOLIO CASE 18X24IN
• 2 TO START PRE STRETCHED CANVASES 16X20
• START LOOKING FOR FLAT CORE DOORS OF ANY SIZE